The Localmotion land train is a unique first class tourist attraction, that turns heads as it glides through the streets of St Andrews at 10mph.
Up to 60 passengers at a time, across three carriages, enjoy a guided tour with lively commentary from the friendly train guard, stopping at four key points in town.
For visitors to St Andrews a trip on the land train familiarises them to the town, making them feel at home. Because of this it’s a ‘must do’ for visitors, but you’re always sure to find a local on board.
2018 was our longest season yet, running from April to early September, for a minimum of 130 days.
Over 5000 visitors enjoyed a trip on the Land Train in 2018, and that number is set to grow this year. St Andrews welcomes an average of 666,300 visitors annually with 62% (413,106) visiting between April & September.
In 2019, we will be running weekends and bank holidays April to September and every day during July & August.
Benefits of promoting your product, service or event on The Land Train:
▪ Reach a captive, and diverse audience of at least half a million people.
▪ Cost from less than £1.20 per day
▪ Often as visitors first point of contact, we can ‘signpost’ those visitors to shops, places to eat and drink and enjoy a
coffee or ice-cream. Advertising with us means you are the first to be promoted to passengers.
▪ Partners page on www.localmotionlandtrains.co.uk featuring your business and a link to your chosen URL.
▪ Opportunity to encourage passengers to visit and/or engage with your business by offering a discount/special
offer, that can be featured on a postcard given to passengers as they get on board (limited availability)
More reasons to get on board:
▪ 33% of visitors upload photos of their trip to the internet, many of which include pictures of the train.
▪ Since the most popular activity of 97% of visitors to St Andrews, is to walk around Town, it is highly likely that your
brand will be seen by at least 400,000 of those visitors.
▪ If you’re looking to promote your brand outside of St Andrews, you’ll be pleased to know that 46% of those
visitors come from Scotland.
▪ 18% of visitors to St Andrew seek out information on what to do via www.visitstandrews.com on which
LocalMotion will be featured.
▪ St Andrews hosts 3 well-attended annual events during September and April, bringing thousands of people to the
streets of the Town.
▪ The train attends a number of events in Scotland throughout the winter months, during which time the panels will
remain in place
Download this information here; Land Train Advertising 2019